Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 30 March 2017

Smalls SAL - March

Hello Friends

Time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Heather - the aim - a small finish of our choice each month.


It was Mum's 70th Birthday week so I stitched her this little kit from Hobbycraft. Flippin' awful kit, bad chart and key, ridiculous number of fractionals and basically just a slog from start to finish.

I finished it off as a little heart and made cords from the left over thread of which there was masses. I could have stitched it twice or three times (not that that was a feeling that came over me at any point once I'd opened the kit).

My lovely friend Ria also made her this beautiful cake with Mum's favourite yellow roses.



I'll be back at the weekend with a final round up of Theme-Tas-Stitch.

Happy stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Your finish is so beautiful. I rarely stitch from kits anymore because they can be awful. Your friend Ria's cake is so beautiful and I hope your mom had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mum thoroughly enjoyed her birthday celebration!
    What a very pretty finish!!! I love this little heart.
    Great birthday cake too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday to your Mom. Whatever you say, I love your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy 70th birthday to your Mum. I am sure that she appreciated all of the hard work that you put into the stitched heart - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gift for your mum, i'm sure she loved it (shame you didn't enjoy stitching it). Fab cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heart does look lovely but I did laugh at the extra threads, much better use to make a lovely tassel. Hope your Mum had a great 70th Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful gift for your mom, Kerry. But so sorry that stitching it wasn't a pleasure. Some kits are put together so badly that you want to give them back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stitching! I'm sure your mom's going to love it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)