Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Friday 14 April 2017

Top 5 Tuesdays - Signs Spring is coming

Hi Folks

After many weeks of doing the top 5's in my head or sharing them in comments of the participants I've decided to join in properly and do my first top 5 list. This is a little weekly post hosted by Kate where we post on a different theme each Tuesday - some are stitchy others more general.

This week is Top 5 signs spring is coming"

1.
In our house Spring signals lots of birthdays, My Mum has her birthday at the end of March and both children have end of April birthdays. I stitched this for mum last month.


2.

Spring flowers - Most have gone over now but we still have a few tulips giving the garden cheer and DD spotted this morning that our apple tree has blossom on it too.


3.

Easter of course


4.

Lighter evenings making stitching easier - and also harder to persuade small people it really is bed time! I also love being able just to take a light jacket or gillet out rather than being bundled up in a big winter coat. 

5.

Changing my stitchy display on on the fireplace


I hope you enjoyed my first top 5. Kate has links to all the others joining in.

Happy stitching

8 comments:

  1. That little ornament for your mum is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are doing this, I love reading the answers even if I don't join in on my blog! I agree with all those signs, our lane has lots of hawthorn bushes and I love the white blossoms and the pink may of our next door neighbour's cherry blossom. Also the first time someone cuts the grass and you can smell it's spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spring display looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your spring display..so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to post your own list. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you join in! I really like your list. I debated about adding Easter, good choice, and your fireplace stitching is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ornament you made your Mum! And yes, all great signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ornament for your mum, bet she was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)